BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] multi platform backup system

2013-02-27 16:23:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] multi platform backup system
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:20:55 -0600
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM, stuckeyneila1982
<backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> I have an small buisness and looking for a easy multi platform backup system.
>  I know how to get around the cli on windows and ubuntu/debian.  I have less
> than 12 computers all running win 7 pro except for the raid 1 file server
> running ubuntu 12.04 LTS server. Im looking for a solution to backup all pc's
> to the server. I have tried getting Amanda to work it was a no go.  Tried
> Bacula and couldnt get that to work either.  was thinking about rsync and
> delta copy.  But i would like to make snapshots of all pc's if possible.  I
> guess if i have to i could run clonezilla or ddrescue on each computer but
> would prefer to do a daily snapshot of all PC in office.  I cant seem to get
> it in my crews head to not surf too much the internet and get malware.  I am
> willing to pay for a solution if its worth it.

Was that a question?  Backuppc won't restore windows to bare metal,
but it can do nightly copies of any/all data files so you can restore
on top of an old clonezilla image or a fresh windows install.
Personally, I'd recommend a separate server that could also keep some
history of your file server but it is easy enough to try out on your
existing ubuntu system - just install the package and ask questions
here if you need help with something specific.