BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] all backups and logs lost after reboot

2013-02-08 17:11:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] all backups and logs lost after reboot
From: stef <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:54:20 -0800
Hi,

i'm using backuppc since end of last year on a debian server. I'm creating
backups from a laptop, a desktop and from the server itself.
I have setup a bind link from the system partition to the backup hdd (ntfs-3g)
acc to the wiki.
All worked pretty fine since today.
I checked the backups on Sunday and they looked ok, I shut down the server for
a few days and restarted it today:
- backuppc started notautomatically
- after starting it manually from console I got the error that it can't create
a hardlink...wondering
- looking manually for the files via mc: all (!) files are gone, the complete
structure below /backuppc and even the log files in /var/log are gone
- the installation of the programm seems to be ok, the files are still there

The parameters regarding FullKeepCnt are still at the standard value (the
pl-file is still there from Sunday).

Any ideas what has happend???
I could until now not discover an hardware issue or a general file system issue
on this hdd.

regards
stef