BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] archive aborts after signal ALRM

2012-11-18 16:57:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] archive aborts after signal ALRM
From: Stefan Peter <s_peter AT swissonline DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:55:49 +0100
On 18.11.2012 20:44, Till Hofmann wrote:
> But now, when I'm trying to archive more clients at once, the process
> receives ALRM after exactly 20 hours.
>
> 2012-11-09 19:54:29 Starting archive
> 2012-11-10 15:54:29 cleaning up after signal ALRM
> 2012-11-11 03:16:38 Archive failed (aborted by signal=ALRM)
>
> I figured my system is set up to allow only 20 hours of execution time but I
> couldn't find any settings like that, all my files in /etc/security are
> untouched.

Have a look at the ClientTimeout in the "Backup Settings" of your
archive host (or the $Conf{ClientTimeout} variable in
/etc/backuppc/archive.pl).

Regards

Stefan Peter

--
"In summary, I think you are trying to solve a problem that may not
need to be solved, using a tool that is not meant to solve it, without