BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] archive aborts after signal ALRM

2012-11-18 14:45:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] archive aborts after signal ALRM
From: Till Hofmann <hofmanntill AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:44:03 +0100
Hey,

I'm having problems trying to archive. I use archive with gzip and I write to a
locally mounted disk (ext4). The disk has enough free space.
When I set up the archive, I tried to archive a single client, which worked
perfectly.
But now, when I'm trying to archive more clients at once, the process receives
ALRM after exactly 20 hours.

2012-11-09 19:54:29 Starting archive
2012-11-10 15:54:29 cleaning up after signal ALRM
2012-11-11 03:16:38 Archive failed (aborted by signal=ALRM)

I figured my system is set up to allow only 20 hours of execution time but I
couldn't find any settings like that, all my files in /etc/security are
untouched.

What do I have to change to let processes run longer than 20 hours (if that's
really the problem)? Has anybody experienced similar problems and knows how to
fix it?

Thanks,

Till