BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc cannot connect to windows 2000 server for backup

2012-09-28 06:08:23
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc cannot connect to windows 2000 server for backup
From: sbdcunha <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 03:06:45 -0700
Dear Guys,

I really appreciate and thank all you guys for your immediate replies.
actually as I said in my first post i have no issues backin up 2003 server but
just this one win200 machine

anyway checking more deeply on the win2000 machine i found there was file n
print sharing unchecked in network properies

after checking that on now when I used to run the smbclient command from
console of backuppc server it was prompting me for the password
but without checking on the file and print sharing in network properties no
password prompt was asked but there was just the below error message
---------
smbclient -L \\xx.xx.xx.xx -U username it does not prompt me for password but
i get the following error
--------------

session request to 91.198.134.5 failed (Called name not present)
session request to 91 failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening on called name)

but even after that i was not able to backup and the error log in console
showed the same error message

anyway after some discussions we gonna upgrade the server to win2003.

so the issue gonna be solved

once again my sincere thanks to all you guys and specially Les

regards

simon