BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc cannot connect to windows 2000 server for backup

2012-09-26 08:52:26
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc cannot connect to windows 2000 server for backup
From: sbdcunha <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 01:30:16 -0700
Dear All,

I hvae backup pc running for some time backing up linux and windows 2003 servers

but recently there came a need to backup one server which is windows 2000

when I tried to backup from backuppc admin it gives a error message
-----------

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\xx.xx.xx.xx\\t -U backupuser -E -N -d 1 -c
tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share t
Xfer PIDs are now 16028,16027
session request to xx.xx.xx.xx failed (Called name not present)
session request to 91 failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening on called name)
session request to xx.xx.xx.xx failed (Called name not present)
session request to 91 failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening on called name)
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share

-----------

from the backuppc machine when I try to run the below command

smbclient -L \\xx.xx.xx.xx -U username it does not prompt me for password but
i get the following error

session request to 91.198.134.5 failed (Called name not present)
session request to 91 failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening on called name)

the smbclient command on another server which is windows 2003 works fine
do i have to enable any particular service or any software to be installed

apprecite your help and advice

regards

simon