BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc cannot connect to windows 2000 server for backup

2012-09-26 15:53:02
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc cannot connect to windows 2000 server for backup
From: sbdcunha <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:51:22 -0700
Dear Les,

I really appreciate so much your quick reply. as you said it does expect name
and me too had the same feelin so I did have a entry on /etc/hosts file on
backuppc server but it was not workin

also in gui config i put name instead of IP and i got the below message.. same
error as before

------------------

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\kmweb\\t -U backupuser -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\
full -Tc -
full backup started for share t
Xfer PIDs are now 18103,18102
session request to KMWEB failed (Not listening on called name)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening on called name)
session request to KMWEB failed (Not listening on called name)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening on called name)

-------------------
where kmweb is the machine name ( win2000)

ths is the only win2000 machine and there are 3 win2003 machines which are
working fine

even from the backuppc server when i run

nmblookup -A ipaddress gives me

------------

KMWEB           <00> -         M <ACTIVE>
        KMSERVER        <00> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        KMWEB           <03> -         M <ACTIVE>
        KMSERVER        <1e> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        KMSERVER        <1d> -         M <ACTIVE>
        ..__MSBROWSE__. <01> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        INet~Services   <1c> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
        IS~KMWEB        <00> -         M <ACTIVE>

nmblookup kmweb

xx.xx.xx.xx kmweb<00>

apprecite if you can advise me

regards