BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Adding client file accesses to AV exceptions

2012-09-12 15:32:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Adding client file accesses to AV exceptions
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:13:55 -0400
At a high-level, VSS works the same way as LVN snapshots. At an executional
level, it's completely different. You do not need a separate partition; you
just need enough free space on the volume.

Timothy J. Massey

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2012, at 2:27 PM, "Kenneth Porter" <shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com>
wrote:

> --On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:02 PM -0500 Les Mikesell
> <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to make a volume shadow snapshot and exclude the
> > snapshot location?
>
> That sounds interesting. Most of my clients are XP SP3. None were
> partitioned with extra space for a VSS like one would need for a Linux
VSS.