BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup of debian sqeeze client failing

2012-09-07 22:22:43
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup of debian sqeeze client failing
From: Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak AT thesandhufamily DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 22:04:12 -0400
Hi All,

I have a weird problem that I haven't been able to solve.  I'm hoping
someone here can show me the error of my ways.

I have the latest BackupPC release running on a LinuxMCE server
(basically Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).  It's successfully backing up via rsync
several CentOS servers, both physical and virtual, and one Fedora 17 PC.
Fantastic, as usual.

I recently added a new KVM (kernel virtual machine) that is running
OpenMediaVault.  After prepping the KVM to work with my BackupPC server,
I restored almost 1 TB of data to it from a LinuxMCE backup that was
made by BackupPC many weeks earlier.  Nothing funny happened. There were
no errors.  Again, Fantastic.

Now I'm trying to do my first backup of the OpenMediaVault KVM, but it's
failing every single time.  I've tried manual backups by using
BackupPC_dump directly and from the GUI - all failures.  Verbose logging
for the openssh daemon, rsync and so on haven't revealed to me the
source of the problem.

The error I'm seeing is this:

fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)

If I can restore, then surely backups should be working!  But, they're
not.  I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 3.5.2-3.fc17.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux