BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup Fails on Access Denied Warning

2012-09-06 10:59:59
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup Fails on Access Denied Warning
From: gshergill <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 07:58:14 -0700
Hi guys,

The following error keeps coming up when backing up my Windows 2008 server;

Domain=[2008BACKUPTEST] OS=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6002 Service Pack
2] Server=[Windows Server (R) 2008 Standard 6.0]
tarmode is now full, system, hidden, noreset, verbose
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \ProgramData\Application Data\*
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \ProgramData\*
This backup will fail because: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \\*
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \\*

The file keeps failing (with access denied) on the following types of files;

Windows 2008

Go to a folder and on the tab with File, Edit, View, Tools, Help do the
following;

Tools > Folder Options > View > Hide protected operating system files
(Recommended).

Apply this, and all the files that then show up are the ones that are failing.

To get past it on a specific file I need to right click the folder,

Properties > Security > Edit

Then Remove the line that has a deny value, and make the rest Full Control.

This may be okay to do now and then but there are so many of those files it is
unreasonable to do it on every single file, and this should be working without
the need for this.

Any idea why it's failing on these file types? Is there a way around it?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

gshergill