BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC data pool

2012-07-21 14:00:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC data pool
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 13:42:23 -0400
For most people, a VM is going to make for a much less reliable solution. They will be way too tempted to put the VM on the same storage as their production hardware.

For someone who understands the dangers, and has a disaster recovery replication set up for their VM's already, backup PC either isn't the right solution for them, or they already have the skills necessary to make such a solution work.

Why things are different for you in this case, which might have led to the exhaustion of the list, I'm not sure. But personally, while it might be a good way to evaluate the software, a VM of backup PC as a supported solution does not seem like a good idea to me.

Timothy J. Massey

Sent from my iPhone