BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump syntax

2012-07-13 16:52:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_dump syntax
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:51:28 -0500
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Bryan Keadle (.net) <bkeadle AT keadle DOT
net> wrote:

> How might one suggest such an "enhancement request" - a "trial run" feature
> that would show *WHAT* would get backed up, but not actually backup?

I'm not really sure the concept makes sense across the different
transports.   Rsync has a --dry-run option that can be used along with
--verbose to see filenames with changes, but tar/smbtar are either
going to give you the content or not depending on the options you give
them.