BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Offsite copy

2012-06-26 15:44:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Offsite copy
From: shorvath <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:42:53 -0700
That sounds very interesting Carl, I'd be keen to take a look at your scripts?
The reason I need a like-for-like ready-to-use copy is so that in the event of
a disaster I am able to bring a disk unit to the client as a "drop in and
ready" replacement of their (almost) most recent data while I pick up the
pieces in the background  (eg, restoring from backuppc or whatever)
The data is in the several Tb range for most clients.
I currently use rsync for this (Both onsite and offsite) and am able to achieve
this with great success but it tends to be quite fragile and needs some TLC
(more than I'd like actually) and I like the way that backupPC just seems to
work!! To be able to replace the onsite daily, incremental,  etc side of things
with backuppc but still maintain the "ready to use" offsite element would
really be great and a huge improvement on my current system.

As Timothy J Massey has seemed to imply, I do NOT expect BackupPC to do this
(Unless there's some trick or feature of backuppc that I'm not aware of, then
that would be an added bonus, but I doubt).
However maybe a third party project, script or fuse module?