BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] two questions about BackupPC_tarCreate

2012-06-25 10:23:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] two questions about BackupPC_tarCreate
From: Julien ROLAND <jroland AT ccpg DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:21:25 +0200
Hi all

Some of my windows hosts are backuped via rsyncd method. According backuppc documentation, ClientCharset configuration is 'cp1252' and it works great, accents and special characters are correctly displayed in the browser and the server's filesystem.
The problem is with BackupPC_tarCreate script, when restoring by the web interface. If I click on a specific file with accented/special characters, and direct donwloading it, there is no problem. But if I want a tarball, the accents are not correctly handled.
I guess it is because of BackupPC_tarCreate script uses by default the charset configured in ClientCharset, and in this case it is cp1252 whereas the good charset to use is utf8. With the command line interface, no problem I can force it with the -e option, but not with web interface

Is somebody have a workaround for that ?

I have another little issue with BackupPC_tarCreate, wich is strange...
I use the script to monthly extract some datas to an external harddrive (in bigs tar.bz2 archives). To no to have to untar these files to know the file list they contains, i first use the -l option of BackupPC_tarCreate script redirected to a text file.
In stdout, no problem. But when redirecting stdout to a text file, I found often, randomly placed, in my text files, hundreds (even thousands) of null characters.

Is anybody have seen that yet ?

Thanks

--
Julien