BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Offsite copy

2012-06-26 10:17:57
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Offsite copy
From: Member Horvath <member AT thehorvaths.co DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:16:21 +0100
Hi,
I currently use BackuPC in a number of ways.
One of my more recent requirements is to be able to sync the most recent backup to an offsite location
eg.
I have a backuppc server which backs up itself and a number of clients.
The most recent of each of these backups must be rsync'd offsite

I have found no way of doing this to date (I don't believe the archive feature would work for this scenario, I hope i'm wrong)
I did give the backuppcfs (https://svn.ulyssis.org/repos/sipa/backuppc-fuse/backuppcfs.pl) fuse module a try and initially it worked great and I though then I had found a solution but I am now unable to mount anymore as as soon as I try and access I get "Transport endpoint is not connected" errors.
Perhaps a reboot will fix this but I can already see that this is buggy so not a long term solution.

Any idea how I can achieve this?
Or does anyone have any recommendations for alternative fuse modules