BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Multi-tenancy for web interface possible

2012-06-21 16:17:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Multi-tenancy for web interface possible
From: Chris Stone <axisml AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:16:04 -0600
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Kameleon <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Yes. So now I have to rethink the way I initially set this up. I put
in root as the user on each server thinking that is what it used to
log into the server. The way the documentation reads it is only who
can administer that server and its backups but was not clear, to me,
that it didn't have to be root. Now I see that the "root" login to the
server is specified on the "rsyncclientcommand". I will be changing
this asap. Thanks for the input guys.

With the http authentication, the http users are separate from your system users. A user setup for http authentication called root would not the same as the system root user. Would be confusing though, so wouldn't recommend creating a user called root for the web access - use admin or something like that instead - or better yet, call it bob or something not related to admin type names.

Chris

--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.