BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Yet another "moving backuppc" question

2012-06-21 14:13:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Yet another "moving backuppc" question
From: Kameleon <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:12:31 -0500
Currently our backuppc server is a virtual server. The root partition
is separate from the data store. All of its storage is on the local
virtual server host. It has a 6TB partition with about 85%
utilization. I am wanting to move the data to our iscsi SAN. Every
time we have tried moving the lvm of the data store the host machine
freezes. So I am pretty much left with only a rsync or similar way to
move stuff. Is there any other ways I have missed? Should the built in
backuppc_tar way of moving stuff be more efficient or better?