BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Update on BackupPC Development / Is backuppc dead?

2012-06-15 02:34:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Update on BackupPC Development / Is backuppc dead?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 07:33:31 +0100
On 2012-06-14 23:41, Steve wrote:
> My novice understanding is that the next release is a "whopper" which
> fundamentally changes many things about how BackupPC works...so it's
> taking a long time.

I'm sorry to have to cast doubt on this. I have heard the above many times
on this list, but BackupPC development is opaque and centralised in the
main developer. A lot of us write patches, and the Debian packagers seem to
be helping keep BackupPC up to date. But getting those patches upstream
seems impossible, and I'm beginning to wonder if v4 is coming at all.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always
that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence