BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Need to restore Backuppc server

2012-05-24 11:10:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Need to restore Backuppc server
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 16:09:07 +0100
Yes to all counts.

I generally mount my backuppc drives as /var/lib/backuppc. Then I have a
cron job copy /etc/backuppc in there just in case I lose the root
filesystem. SSH keys live in /var/lib/backuppc/.ssh.

Regards,
Tyler

On 2012-05-24 15:55, Arch Willingham wrote:
> Help!!!
>
> An upgrade to Ubuntu killed the system and I'm having to reinstall. All the
> Backuppc data was on a secondary raid drive and is fine. It has not been
> changed. I also copied all the main drive over to a temp drive until I
> rebuilt the new system.
>
> What's next? I assume I just reinstall Backuppc like I did the first time and
> make that link thing to the other drive like I did the first time.
>
> 1. Is that right (please ignore my lack of terminology)?
> 2. I have all the config file in the /etc directory can I just copy them over
> to the new install of Backuppc (in its config directories)?
> 3. What about all the SSH Rsync stuff. It was working great. Can I copy that
> over to the new install?
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated!
>

> Thanks!
>
> Arch

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it."
   -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall