BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Auto and GUI initiated backups don't work

2012-05-21 21:36:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Auto and GUI initiated backups don't work
From: Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak AT thesandhufamily DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:33:54 -0400
> Are you running BackuPC_serverMesg to 'kick off' the backup, or are
> you actually running BackupPC_dump as a different user than the daemon
> would?

I logged in as "backuppc", and did this:

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -i [host]

The daemon is running under the same user.

BTW, my original hypothesis was www-data was trying to read backuppc's
ssh-agent.  To test it out, I actually setup keychain for "www-data",
which apache runs under.  I used the same keys the BackupPC user would
use.  Unfortunately, it didn't help.  Scheduled or manual backups from
the GUI still fail.

Regards,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 3.3.5-2.fc16.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux