BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Had to reinstall

2012-04-17 00:31:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Had to reinstall
From: David Williams <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 21:13:37 -0400
I had a hard disc crash which basically messed up my /usr partition.  So, I had to basically re-install Linux.  This is just a home box but I have had BackupPC running on it for quite a while (years) and to be honest it just worked :)  So, I reinstalled Linux and I downloaded the backuppc package.  I have gotten to the point whereby I can get the webpage up but a few things are happening different from my previous install.

1).  The web interface is not showing any hosts but the overall status does show that my disc 92% full.  Best I can tell (remember) I have 2 places for a hosts file.  One in /etc/backuppc and the other is where my TOP_DIR is set, which is /var/lib/backuppc.  Both have valid host files so I am really at a loss as to why the web interface is not showing any hosts at all.

2).  The web interface is not asking for my login/password but that could be because I have not done something...very possible.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
--

Golf Caddie Support
Check out our WebOS mobile phone app for the Palm Pre and Pixi: