BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Had to reinstall

2012-04-17 11:28:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Had to reinstall
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:27:00 -0500
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:03 AM, David Williams
<dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com> wrote:

>> And you don't see much in the web interface until you can log in as
>> and admin user - so apache has to be configured to request a login for
>> the location and you need to have your login in $Conf{CgiAdminUsers}.
>>
> Ok, so that is where I am stuck, apache is not asking me for a login.  I
> have my config.pl file from my previous install (located in
> /etc/backuppc) and it does have an admin user define in
> $Conf{CgiAdminUsers}.  I also have a .htaccess file in my
> /var/www/backuppc directory so I am not sure what apache is not asking
> for a login.

Do you have a copy of your old httpd.conf file (and snippets from
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ if you used them.   The authentication needs to be
required when accessing the cgi script which might not be in the
protected directory.

If you are starting over from scratch, you might find it easier to use
a version packaged for your linux distribution, although you have to
pay some attention to where the packages move things and mount your
old archive in the right place, it would make a future reinstall a lot
easier.