BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive function

2012-03-28 16:04:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Archive function
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:02:44 -0500
2012/3/27 Philip Kimgård <kimme_911 AT hotmail DOT com>:
> Hi again! Sorry I couldn't awnser you any sooner. This solved the problem,
> allthough another one showed up, maybe this is more of a problem with the
> BackupPC_archive(start?) function, the files don't get compressed. I did
> some searches online and tested to edit the archivestart script. The only
> thing I've changed is this and now it creates a .gz file but doesn't
> compress anything:
>

> compression => $bpc->{Conf}{'/bin/gzip'},
> compext => '.gz',

I see settings for $Conf_ArchiveComp}
and
$Conf{GzipPath}
but I'm not quite sure how those relate to the expansion of
$compression in the command.

If you are controlling the runs in a script or cron job you might be
better off using BackupPC_tarCreate to generate the output and
processing with your own pipeline.