BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Encryption and long-term storage

2012-03-18 12:45:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Encryption and long-term storage
From: Justin Finkelstein <justin AT redwiredesign DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:44:30 +0000
Hi guys

I've been reviewing a number of backup solutions to use for off-site backup of a number of machines in our office and I've a couple of questions regarding backuppc:

    1. Is there a way to encrypt the data that's stored?
    2. Is it practical to store a year's worth of data in BackupPC? i.e. one full annual backup + daily differentials?
        (i.e. how does this affect the time to restore a recent version of a file?)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Justin