BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Documentation error

2012-03-18 11:27:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Documentation error
From: Till Hofmann <hofmanntill AT googlemail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:25:48 +0100

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Justin Finkelstein <justin AT redwiredesign DOT com> wrote:
Hi guys

I've found what I believe to be a minor typo in the SSH FAQ entry. The sudoers line given by Martin Hansen:

    backuppc  ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender *

Doesn't work as shown on CentOS 6; to make it work, remove the space before the asterisk so it becomes:

    backuppc  ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender*

Could we get a consensus on which works for different platforms? I'd like to see the FAQ updated if this is true for other OSes.

All the best,

Justin

     backuppc  ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender *
works without any flaws on Arch Linux (as client).
but I guess the other command should work too since "*" matches " *"