BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] $Conf{UserCmdCheckStatus} not working?

2012-03-05 11:34:30
Subject: [BackupPC-users] $Conf{UserCmdCheckStatus} not working?
From: Till Hofmann <hofmanntill AT googlemail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:32:19 +0100
Hello everybody,

I have a small bash script which creates an LVM snapshot for every LVM volume I back up. If the script can't create the logical volume, it exits with the return value of the lvcreate command, as you can see here:
lvcreate -n "$orig"backup -s "$devicedir$orig" -l 100%FREE
retlv=$?
if [ $retlv -ne 0 ]; then
echo "Error creating logical volume. return value: $retlv"
exit $retlv
fi

I set $Conf{UserCmdCheckStatus} to 1, so the backup should be aborted if the script returns an error, shouldn't it? This is what happens:
Executing DumpPreShareCmd: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l backuppc singsung sudo /usr/local/bin/pre-backup /mnt/backup/homelv
  Logical volume "homelvbackup" already exists in volume group "cryptpool"
Error creating logical volume. return value: 5
full backup started for directory /mnt/backup/homelv (baseline backup #36)

Maybe I just read the manual wrong, but isn't backuppc supposed to abort this backup?
Or did I do a mistake in my script (I don't use bash too often)?

Here is the complete script: http://pastebin.com/y0gpAh6V

Thanks for any advice

Till Hofmann