BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd bash script not exiting

2012-02-10 10:33:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd bash script not exiting
From: Mark Coetser <mark AT tux-edo.co DOT za>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:11:49 +0200
On 10/02/2012 15:39, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Mark Coetser<mark AT tux-edo.co DOT za>
> wrote:
>>
>> Not that I am aware of, I am using the full path too all commands and if
>> run as "su - backuppc" "/full/path/to/script" as defined in the host.pl
>> it works as expected but when run from the backuppc dump command it runs
>> the first part of the script then just never exits
>>

> Without seeing it, I can't even make a good guess.   If it is an ssh
> command to the target, it would wait for the last command to exit or
> close what is its std out/err.  Maybe some variable does not expand in
> that environment and you end up with an empty argument list to
> something like 'cat' which will then wait forever reading stdin.    If
> you can identify the process the shell is waiting for, strace might
> show what system calls it is making.

Thanks it looks like it was winexe, for whatever reason if run directly
from the shell it would work 100% but as soon as it was run from
backuppc it wouldnt exit, I just backrounded winexe now and ran a
cleanup in DumpPostCmd too kill the winexe process after the backup was
complete and its now working.

Thank you,

Mark Adrian Coetser
mark AT tux-edo.co DOT za