BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] XferLog.z : How do I read this thing?

2012-02-09 17:06:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] XferLog.z : How do I read this thing?
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:05:41 -0600
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com> wrote:
Hello!

I've set up a new backup server, and for the first time I haven't disabled compression.  BackupPC is now creating log files in (what it is claiming is) .z format.  How do I read these?  I've tried zcat ("not in gzip format"), uncompress (no error, but no file), and unzip (end of central directory not found).  "file XferLog.0.z" says that this file is "data" (which doesn't help...).

So, how do I read these files, and even better:  how do I go back to my plaintext logs?

Richard