BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Bizarre connection failures

2012-01-31 11:00:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Bizarre connection failures
From: haruspex <princeps.candidus AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:59:12 +0300
Hello.

“rsync target::” works just fine:
vm-backuppc# /usr/local/bin/rsync 192.168.0.118::
docs            Documents and Settings
dDrive          Entire D Drive

The logs don't provide anything more specific than “Backup failed on
<HostName> (inet connect: Operation timed out)”. I guess the problem
is somewhere with how BackupPC handles the sockets or nearby, judging
by results of “grep -r "inet connect" *”...

Sincerely,
Maxim