BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] shadowmountrsync not mount correctly the Shadow copy device

2012-01-28 09:49:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] shadowmountrsync not mount correctly the Shadow copy device
From: Flako <subforos AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:47:40 -0300
Hello
I'm trying to use shadowmountrsync 0.4.5.3 on Windows XP SP3 and  cygwin 2.763.
Sshd and rsyncd services are working properly.
Commands: "shadowmountrsync-u 2" and "shadowmountrsync-d" work
properly if run locally (not run as remote command via ssh)

When I run "shadowmountrsync-u 2" as a remote command via ssh, I
sometimes vshadow.exe generates the snapshot and not others, it
generates when I have not gained access to this using dosdev and
mount.

the link with the log of execution:
http://www.fileupyours.com/view/309484/shadowmountrsync_local.log
(shows when running locally) and
http://www.fileupyours.com/view/309484/shadowmountrsync_remote.log
(shows when I run it via ssh)

I think the problem is in the task that runs via "at", because when I
see a job fails  "C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c
/usr/local/bin/shadowmountrsync -2-u 2" that never ends ..

But do not know what else to look .. I'm sick to debug the code ..

If I try to mount the shadow device, not walk, for example:
Being the "Shadow copy device name: \ \? \ GLOBALROOT \ Device \
HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1" that generated shadowmountrsync

I try to mount it by hand:
$ /Bin/dosdev Z: \?\GLOBALROOT\ Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1
Z:: The operation completed successfully.

$ Mount-f Z: /shadow/Z

$ Ls /shadow /Z
ls: can not access /shadow /Z: No such file or directory

$ mount
C:/cygwin /bin on /usr /bin type ntfs (binary, auto)
C:/cygwin /lib on /usr /lib type ntfs (binary, auto)
C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary, auto)
Z: on /shadow / unknown type Z (binary, user)
C: on /cygdrive /c type ntfs (binary, posix = 0, user, noumount, auto)
D: on /cygdrive /d type iso9660 (binary, posix = 0, user, noumount, auto)

The truth is that I'm giving up on using shadowmountrsync not know
what else to look ..

any idea?

Thanks for being here.
and excuse my English.