BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC and Amazon S3

2012-01-28 08:55:43
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC and Amazon S3
From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson AT dmj DOT nu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 14:37:29 +0100
Hi,

I am playing with the thought of putting some of my backups in BackupPC  on S3
storage as well as on local storage.

This is the procedure I was thinking about to use:

1)      Create a "last-full-copy" with the "link-full-backup.sh" script
(previously  shown on this mailing-list).
2)      Mount my S3 bucket on  /mnt/s3 using the s3ql filesystem
(http://code.google.com/p/s3ql/) which provides among other things encryption.
3)      rsync the "last-full-copy" to /mnt/s3
4)      umount /mnt/s3

Any thoughts on this procedure?
Pro/Cons/NoNo's?

Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!