BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] simplest way to back-up to a remote share?

2012-01-24 23:42:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] simplest way to back-up to a remote share?
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:40:49 +0700
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Ivanus, Radu <Radu.Ivanus AT tmdfriction DOT com> wrote:

I need to backup a network share called \\domain\folder to another network share called \\ip\folder (different from the 1st one).

In other words, if a simple single-instance copy to that specific target is the primary goal, BPC isn't the tool for you.

If you post a more complete description of what you're trying to accomplish overall, with only absolutely required specific implementation details, the list will be able to give you better advice.

If your goal is to use BPC, then I'd advise just setting it up according to basic normal defaults and reading the docs etc to find how how it works, so that you can devise a specific implementation that matches BPC's strategies. IOW don't try to learn about the tool *and* try to adapt it to preconceived strategies at the same time.

Hope this helps.