BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] moving per-pc log files

2012-01-21 13:10:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] moving per-pc log files
From: Koen Vermeer <koen AT vermeer DOT tv>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:51:36 +0100
On Sat, 2012-01-21 at 16:21 +0100, Till Hofmann wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky
> <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org> wrote:
>
> I didn't think BackupPC looks at the pc tree (e.g. it can tell me how
> old the last backup is without spinning up the disks) but I guess that
> makes it impossible to prevent the spin-up. I set it to a 5-minute
> spin-down (and therefore losing the safety that my disks cannot spin
> down more than 3 times per hour) as you suggested. That looks like the
> best solution to me now..

You could try modifying backuppc in such a way that it sets the
spin-down time to 5 mins (or less) when it starts, and back to 20 mins
(or whatever number) at the end of the wake-up script. Alternatively, if
the disks are spinned down most of the time anyway, just add a
spin-down-command at the end of the script.