BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Renaming a host in WebGUI?

2012-01-18 05:12:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Renaming a host in WebGUI?
From: Arnold Krille <arnold AT arnoldarts DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:10:01 +0100
On Wednesday 18 January 2012 16:03:47 Mark Wass wrote:
> I want to rename a host in the backuppc config (I'm looking at the Edit
> Hosts page in the WebGui) and just wanted to check if all I have to do is
> rename it at this location or if there was anything else that had to be
> done.
>
> In the config of the host I want to rename I have set the ClientNameAlias
> override to the IP address of the host, I don't need to change that I just
> want to change what hosts is called in the WebGui.

Changing the alias will only change how backuppc tries to reach the remote
machine. That is save and easy to change in the gui.

Changing the name of the "host" (which doesn't always have to be a host)
requires you to also move the corresponding dir in /var/lib/backuppc/pc and if
you want to keep the special configuration you should also copy the hosts
config
in /etc/backuppc.

Have fun,

Arnold