BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Delete old backups when disk full?

2012-01-17 17:58:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Delete old backups when disk full?
From: Zach La Celle <lacelle AT roboticresearch DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:57:24 -0500
I'm wondering if backuppc has some functionality where, if a backup of a
machine is projected to fill the disk (or maybe if the disk is over a
certain capacity when the backup starts) BackupPC will remove old
backups?  This would be nice because, ideally, I'd like to keep as many
backups as possible given the disk size, not limit myself to N full
backups per machine and guess at the value which will bring me closest
to filling the disk.

Also, if the disk does get too full, is there a way to disable new
backups but allow it to run the nightly pooling and compression routines?