BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrade on Ubuntu

2011-12-10 18:42:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrade on Ubuntu
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 06:39:02 +0700
You also have the luxury of not worrying about migrating the past data over 8-)

Make sure with your new setup you give Topdir its own dedicated
filesystem, in such a way that it's easy to expand without taking the
system offline for long periods, and ideally also easy to switch from
one host to another. If you don't have a SAN in-house I recommend LVM
over RAID6 but of course YMMV.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011