BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Upgrade on Ubuntu

2011-12-10 03:40:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Upgrade on Ubuntu
From: Thomas Nilsson <thomas.nilsson AT responsive DOT se>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 09:18:27 +0100
Hello everyone!

I've inherited a BackupPC installation which hadn't made any backups for 504.3 days (gulp!) but have managed to set that right (I think).

It is on an Ubuntu 8.04 server and now running BackupPC 3.0.0. As the wiki is very clear about not mixing package and "by hand" upgrades, I was wondering if there is a way to determine if my installation has been performed using apt-get or by hand?

Thomas Nilsson, CTO, Agile Mentor
Responsive Development Technologies AB
Email: thomas.nilsson AT responsive DOT se
Phone: +46 70 561 75 41
Blog: http://www.responsive.se/thomas

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011