BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] missing pool.rrd on BackupPC 3.2 on SL 6.1

2011-11-30 03:24:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] missing pool.rrd on BackupPC 3.2 on SL 6.1
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:23:04 +0000
The pool.rrd and graph are a patch normally provided with the Debian
package. It may not exist in the package in the EPEL repo.

Regards,
Tyler

On 2011-11-30 04:05, briffle wrote:
> I have a Scientific Linux 6.1 server I have setup with BackupPC 3.2.1 from
> (If I remember) the EPEL repository.
>
> I can't see the pool graphs on the main status page, and when I look, in
> /var/log/BackupPC/, I do not see the pool.rrd file others have mentioned (nor
> the graph.png)  I have rrd-tool, rrd-tool-devel and rrd-tool-perl installed
> on the server.  that folder is owned by backuppc.backuppc.  Also, I have seen
> some people have had an issue where they weren't admin, so they could not see
> it. I am using LDAP authentication and have the Admin user set to '*", but I
> disabled that temporarily, created a htaccess user, and still could not see
> the graphs, or rrd files.
>
> Other than the graph, the server is working great. I have about 25 machines
> with 3TB of backups compressed and pooled down to about 700GB.  I would just
> like to have the graphs so we can easily see long term trending.
>
> Is there anything I might be missing, like a Perl CPAN module not mentioned
> in the documents.. I know SL 6.1 is pretty new..undefinedundefined

> |This was sent by brian.w.riffle AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

"... that your voice is amplified to the degree where it reaches from
one end of the country to the other does not confer upon you greater
wisdom or understanding than you possessed when your voice reached only
from one end of the bar to the other."
   -- Edward R. Murrow