BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc and excluding ip ranges?

2011-11-10 15:59:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and excluding ip ranges?
From: SSzretter <sszretter AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:56:39 -0500
I am wondering if it's possible already, or how difficult it might be to change the code for backuppc to allow it to skip a machine if it is not in a certain subnet mask.

In my network, I have multiple sites.   Some of the sites have slow T1 connections between them, so I have backuppc servers at them to back up directly on the LAN.

This works great, but some of the machines (windows) are laptops, and people sometimes bring the laptop to another location.

All these locations are tied together, so backuppc can still see (ping) the laptop even though it's in another building.

The only real difference is that machine will pick up a dhcp address for that building.   The address will be in a different subnet, for example,  192.168.2.x instead of 192.168.1.x.

It would be great if a flag could be set to tell backuppc to only backup a machine if it is in a specific subnet range (192.168.2.x) and to skip it if not.

Is this already possible, or where might a change be made in the code for something like that?