BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Netgear readyNAS to backuppc

2011-11-10 12:00:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Netgear readyNAS to backuppc
From: Erik Hjertén <erik.hjerten AT companion DOT se>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:57:23 +0100
On 2011-11-10 14:18, draccusfly wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running backuppc on a linux box and am trying to connect my ReadyNas
> 4200 to backuppc in order to back an iSCSI data source on there.  The trouble
> is that I cannot seem to get the readynas to connect.  I have tried al
> permutations of username, password, host and path but still get cannot
> connect.  just get error connecting to odyssey (our backuppc server)
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated
I have a Netgear Readynas Duo which I have mounted in a Ubuntu server
which in turn runs Backuppc. In /etc/fstab I have the following entry:

192.168.1.21:/backup /mnt/backuppc nfs rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,intr

If i remember correctly I also had to setup a the share "/backup" in the
Nas as well as a user with the right permissions.

This connects nicely and I do all my backups to the Nas. Hope this helps.
/Erik