BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_link got error -3 when calling MakeFileLink(...)

2011-11-04 16:45:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_link got error -3 when calling MakeFileLink(...)
From: Stan Larson <larson.stan AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:43:31 -0400
For each file being backed up, I am getting the following error in my
LOG file and a hard link is not getting created in my cpool dir.

2011-11-04 15:31:24 BackupPC_link got error -3 when calling
MakeFileLink(/data1/BackupPC/pc/anthonypc/0/fdocs/attrib,
fd60fd1d996f13992833d09698b85826, 1)

I am also getting the same basic message but with "error -4" instead of
"error -3", but in smaller quantities.

Background:

For various reasons, I've attempted to create a second data directory on
my BackupPC server.  The second data directory is on a different file
system than the original data directory (both are ext3 with underlying
LVM and software RAID 1).  The initial data directory has been in place
for a couple of years and works with no problems.  To build the second
data directory, I modified my config.pl file to change the TopDir and
LogDir to point to the new data directory and the new log directory.  I
then duplicated the exact directory structure, permissions, and
ownership for my new data directory, including the sub-directories in
cpool.  Backuppc comes up just fine with no errors and backs up
clients.  Everything appears to be working OK except for the fact the
above errors and the fact that hard links are not getting created in my
new cpool.  I can manually create the hard links so I know the
filesystem is OK.  Looking at the perl code, it appears that the link()
command is what's issuing the error.

Is there something I didn't do correct when creating the cpool
sub-directories?

I would really like to get this second data storage directory working.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.