BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME after virtualizing

2011-11-02 08:38:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME after virtualizing
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 07:37:19 -0500
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:05 AM, SSzretter <sszretter AT hotmail DOT com> wrote:
> No, the physical machine has been powered down.   Also, the virtual machine
> works fine in all other ways - I can for example remote desktop to it using
> it's netbios name, connect to it's shares using it's netbios name, etc.

The only other thing I can  think of is that routers may cache
ethernet MAC/IP matches for sorme time and not connect to a
replacement machine with the same IP.  However this would only apply
if there is a router between the backuppc server and the target, and
the arp cache should only be kept for 20 minutes or so.  Can you use
smbclient from the backuppc server to connect manually?