BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] archiving request backuppc process always fails

2011-09-23 12:45:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] archiving request backuppc process always fails
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: Markus Fröhlich <markus.froehlich AT xidras DOT com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:43:44 -0500
2011/9/23 Markus Fröhlich <markus.froehlich AT xidras DOT com>:

> thank you for the tip.
> I changed my skript to use 'BackupPC_tarCreate' in a loop for each host.
> the backup number gets dynamically extracted from the last file "backupInfo"
> located under "BackupPC/pc/<hostname>/<backup number>/backupInfo", thats
> type is "full". that works for the moment and will go on this weekend as the
> first run will be completed.

Are you sure you want the last 'full' instead of the most current
backup?   BackupPC_tarCreate will merge the supporting full with more
current incrementals to give what looks like a current full that
should be very accurate on rsync-based backups (tar/smb don't track
deletes in incrementals and can miss new files that have old
timestamps or the new locations of files under a renamed directory).

> but now there are no backups visible for the archive_host at the
> webfrontend, because the information for this host doesn't get updated.
> is there a possibility to update the info for the archive_host, so that you
> can see if the last archive backup was successful for all hosts?

Not sure what you need to do to avoid contention on that kind of change.