BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] xxShareName = /cygwin ??

2011-09-09 13:03:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] xxShareName = /cygwin ??
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:01:47 -0500
I've only skimmed this thread so I apologize if I miss something but I
was thinking. Might it be a better idea to make the user at least
somewhat responsible for the backup?

I was thinking you could use a program like Tucan[1] to get them to
sync their portable data to a specific volume on the network and then
just use BackupPC to backup that volume.

Of course this relies on the user to take some action but I think it
would take a lot of complexity out of the solution.

Richard

[1] http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/toucan