BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Excluding Diretories that look like xyz from backup

2011-08-18 02:10:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Excluding Diretories that look like xyz from backup
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Nicolas Berens <nicnameb AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:08:59 +0200
Hi,

Nicolas Berens wrote on 2011-08-16 18:45:00 +0200 [[BackupPC-users] Excluding
Diretories that look like xyz from backup]:
> I use BackupPC to backup some webservers.
> Now i want to exclude the rendering and caching directories from the backup
> (simply because its useless to backup them)
>
> my current setup is that i use rsyncd and have shares like /var or /home and
> i allready have some exclude working, but those are simple directories.
>
> now i want to exlude every file that is in a directory like
> /var/$randomnumberofdirectorys§/Render/compiled/$fileiwanttoexclude$.php
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

yes.

Regards,
Holger

P.S.: In case you meant to ask: the rsync man page can.
      You're probably looking for something like

      "/var" => [ "/**/Render/compiled/fileiwanttoexclude.php" ]

      or

      "/var" => [ "/**/Render/compiled/" ]

      depending on what you were intending to say. $. is the current input
      line number.