BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup fails because of an empty share

2011-08-17 05:05:34
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup fails because of an empty share
From: Hermann Gottschalk <backuppc AT pestilenz DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:48:22 +0200
Hi,
if you have a share configured to be backuped but the share itself
contains no files or directories as it is empty, the backup will get the
state "partial" and fails. This is quiet annoying since the backup will
allways stay "partial" until anything is in the share. Then you get a
full backup but you don't have any history for all the backups done
during the share has been empty.

I don't really see a reason for this behaviour since the backups
actually don't fail; they only cannot backup anything for the empty
share. I thing a warning message wold be enough instead of the partial
state. I.e. it's not partial as it backuped everything!

Greetings
Hermann