BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Can't do a backup

2011-07-28 22:44:14
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Can't do a backup
From: Rory Toma <rory AT ooma DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:16:08 -0700
I just got the latest version today from sourceforge and got it up and running.

Here is my client config, filled in from the web form:

$Conf{TarShareName} = [
  '/servers/mothership/data/home/Engineering/rory'
];
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'tar';
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '.snapshot' => [
    ''
  ]
};

Here is the error I get when trying to do a full backup, note that I can do the tar command by hand, and it spits everything out to stdout. However, I don't see my BackupFilesExclude argument in the tar command, so I'm wondering if other tar commands are getting dropped off as well.

It also doesn't work if I remove the exclude block.

What am I missing here?

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -n -l root kanguru env LC_ALL=C /bin/gtar -c -v -f - -C /servers/mothership/data/home/Engineering/rory --totals .
full backup started for directory /servers/mothership/data/home/Engineering/rory
Xfer PIDs are now 3324,3323
Tar exited with error 65280 () status
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share /servers/mothership/data/home/Engineering/rory)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share /servers/mothership/data/home/Engineering/rory)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)