BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] archive to ftp?

2011-06-10 10:10:02
Subject: [BackupPC-users] archive to ftp?
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:06:57 -0400
I have backuppc running and tested and it works great but our company
requires offsite storage of backups.  Someone used to take a tape
home each night when we used Amanda.  I've read the docs on the archive
function and it says "BackupPC supports archiving to removable media.
For users that require offsite backups, BackupPC can create archives
that stream to tape devices, or create files of specified sizes to fit
onto cd or dvd media."  I would like to send these archives to an ftp
site.  Is there any docs on how to do something like this?  Also is
there docs on how to do a restore from an archive?