BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and Win7

2011-06-08 22:17:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and Win7
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: tbrown AT riverbendhose DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 03:11:38 +0200
Hi,

Tom Brown wrote on 2011-06-08 12:25:55 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and
Win7]:
> The $Conf{RsyncdPasswd} below is an example. Use the password you assign to
> your backuppc user on the client PC. The password should be the same as in
> the c:\your_path\rsync.secrets file.

the stupid thing about top-posting (apart from it being extremely annoying)
is that it's not obvious to anyone except you what your point might be,
presuming you have one. Were you replying to some unquoted mail? Had you
just noticed that you forgot to erase your password and were trying to undo
that? Did the lack of direct response seem to prompt further explanation?
Did you just want to repeat a part of the thread you think we should all
read at least twice, and were ashamed of reposting it without adding
something arbitrary? Should I quote it again, so we can read it a third
time?

Just wondering ...

Regards,
Holger