BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc and Win7

2011-06-05 16:20:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc and Win7
From: owens AT netptc DOT net
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 13:15:16 -0700

List

I have been using backuppc for a couple of years on my LAN.  It is hosted on an up-to date Debian Lenny System (Samba 3.2.5) and the clients include a mixture of XP and Vista computers.  I recently purchased a Win7 laptop and cannot seem to get it to work.  I copied the backuppc config file for the Vista machine and renamed it for the new computer.  The shares seem OK (I can see the shared folders from all other machines on the LAN) and pings work fine.  Backuppc fires off the error "Get fatal error during xfer (no files dumped for share C$).  Any suggestions?

Larry